Cartodyne is looking to expand our growing team of GIS consultants as we look forward to 2021. We are looking for the two GIS roles described below. Pleases send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered for the role.
Who we are:
Cartodyne is a highly skilled Disaster Management and Information Technology services firm that leverages decades of industry practice with modern tools to deliver solutions for business organizations, cities, counties, and non-profits.
We believe that location intelligence is industry agnostic and applicable to most business and field operations. Coupled with modern cloud-based spatial solutions, Cartodyne provides world-class, remote-first or on-site operational GIS support with a reputation for quality and timely professional services.
What we seek:
We are looking for a mid-level GIS Consultant and Senior GIS Consultant.
Senior GIS Consultant
An enthusiastic and talented GIS practitioner capable of regular spatial project support activities, but also capable of skillfully creating GIS tools and applications when warranted. With 7 years of experience performing a similar role, you are intimately familiar with the Esri software stack on the desktop and in the cloud allowing you to configure ArcGIS Enterprise and write custom code.
Above all, you are a problem solver adept at deploying Enterprise GIS while designing and developing front-end and back-end application components & integrating with other internal systems and technologies. You can seamlessly coordinate with the team working to deliver interesting & challenging solutions. This role requires familiarity and related project experience within the Esri ecosystem while leveraging best practices in a dynamic environment.
An enthusiastic and capable GIS professional that will combine technical knowledge with business intelligence to enable GIS solutions aligned with business strategy. You have at least 3 years of escalating levels of responsibility that enables you to coordinate the analysis, design, deployment, administration, and configuration of complex GIS systems, databases, software, and equipment. You possess advanced knowledge of the Esri ecosystem including ArcGIS products, geodatabases, as well as spatial data processing and analysis.
Senior GIS Consultant
- Develop and architect large scale GIS solutions using ESRI ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE GIS software to manipulate data in a raster and vector based geospatial environment.
- Work closely with other developers and project team.
- Understanding and working experience with solid application design principles.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Designs, develops, and maintains complex internal customer facing GIS Web applications through concept, design, and implementation phases to consume new web enabled GIS functionalities (using the latest relevant techniques and best practices).
- Works with existing design templates to maintain corporate architecture and implementation standards.
- Confirms accuracy of spatial data components of the centerline file, parcel polygons, other polygon datasets.
- Works closely with client for the management, manipulation, and display of a wide variety of graphic and image data.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in GIS , Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study. Three (3) years of previous experience required for GIS Consultant and seven (7) years of previous experience the Senior GIS Consultant role. An equivalent amount of related experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience with geospatial development and technologies for the GIS Consultant and seven (7) years for the Senior GIS Consultant role.
- US Citizenship.
You must be able to demonstrate familiarity with following during your technical interview:
Senior GIS Consultant
Esri software including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcCatalog, ModelBuilder, 3D Analyst/Spatial Analyst extensions.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Esri ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 or higher.
- Esri Developer Certification(s).
- GISP Certification.
- Hands-on experience with RESTful web services, distributed systems, and cloud computing.
- Automating the Esri platform (e.g. Python scripting for AGO/Portal administration).
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Hands-on experience with RESTful web services.
- Understanding and working experience with version control systems (e.g. Git).
Cartodyne is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
The Company reserves the right to conduct a background check of its team members, and your employment may be conditioned on satisfactory results.
Pleases send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the role.